Student Symposium ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
Submission deadline June 16 , 2023 AoE
Notification of paper acceptance June 21, 2023
Student Symposium September 5, 2023
Conference dates September 5-8, 2023
EPIA’23 invites submissions to a Student Symposium on Artificial Intelligence (SSAI). The goal of this symposium is to provide an informal environment where students in early stages of their graduate (MSc and PhD) research can present their main research ideas and discuss them with students and the senior scientific community. The main advantages of participating in DSAI’23 are three-fold:
- Students are given the opportunity to present their work in an informal environment, as a preparation to future presentations in international workshops and conferences;
- Students can obtain feedback from the scientific community, even in an early stage of their graduate research. The feedback is provided by EPIA attendees, after student presentations, but also by mentors who meet with the students and provided detailed feedback;
- Students have the opportunity to know the work of other students that are in the same stage of their graduate work, or that have similar research interests.
Papers will be submitted in PDF format through the EPIA 2023 EasyChair submission page, choosing the Thematic Track Student Symposium on Artificial Intelligence. They will be prepared according to the Springer LNCS /LNAI format. Submissions to the Student Symposium have a maximum of 3 pages + references. Submissions have to be authored by the MSc or PhD candidate, and should include information regarding the advisor(s) as a footnote in the first page, anchored in the author’s name. Authors are also encouraged to include 1) a short abstract, 2) keywords, 3) introduction to the topic being addressed in the project and relevant research questions, 4) a brief state of the art in the field, and 5) the methodology to be pursued or employed.
Students with an abstract accepted at the Student Symposium also qualify to travel scholarships kindly offered by APPIA. For more information see here.
Proceedings and Presentations
Accepted submission will be compiled in a separate informal companion volume, provided that the student is registered in EPIA 2023. The authors of accepted submissions will be assigned a mentor (a senior researcher in the field). They will be expected to prepare a poster for the symposium, which will also be used for the meeting with their mentor. Accepted submission will also be invited to give a lightning talk (5-10 minutes including questions). Detailed information will be provided soon.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- Raquel Sebastião, Universidade de Aveiro / IEETA, Portugal
- Catarina Silva, University of Coimbra / CISUC, Portugal
- Nuno Moniz, Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society, University of Notre Dame, USA